Your Health is Our Priority
At Memorial Healthcare, we proudly offer two convenient retail and specialty pharmacies for not only our patients but also for any member of the community who is seeking pharmacy services. Our pharmacies offer:
- Personalized care
- Excellent customer service
- Pharmacist consultation
- A commitment to high quality
- Home delivery services
- Over-the-counter medications, such as painkillers, eye drops, cough drops, and supplements
- And more
Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed daily from 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m.)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed daily from 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m.) and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What Is a Specialty Pharmacy?
Specialty pharmacies handle medications not found in traditional retail pharmacies. These prescriptions are often more expensive, require preauthorization from a patient’s insurance company, and may come with specific instructions for administration and storage.
Typically, specialty medications call for more active monitoring than other prescriptions. As a result, specialty pharmacists can be highly involved in the patient’s care, inquiring about their progress with the drug and assisting them with insurance coverage in addition to filling the prescription.
Memorial Healthcare Specialty Pharmacy
The specialty pharmacy at Memorial Healthcare features clinical pharmacists, technicians, patient care coordinators, and benefit coordinators, who collaborate to deliver the most personalized care to each patient. Accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), the team continually exceeds regulatory guidelines for pharmaceutical organizations. Patients can receive the following services from these compassionate care professionals:
- Education: Pharmacists teach patients how to administer the drug, possible side effects, storage conditions, and how it might interact with other medications.
- Financial assistance: The benefits coordinators and medication access specialists help patients navigate insurance authorizations, co-pays, and other financial aspects of pharmacy services. They can investigate potential financial assistance programs from drug manufacturers and similar sources to lower the patient’s expenses.
- Refill reminders: Pharmacy team members contact patients seven to 10 days before they need a refill to ask about their progress with the medication. This reminder also ensures patients do not have a lapse in their treatment and experience complications.
- Delivery services: Patients receive fast, free home delivery for their prescriptions. Conversely, they can visit the outpatient retail pharmacy to pick up specialty medications. Patients must confirm their address and specific instructions at the designated delivery time.
- Administration supplies: To simplify taking medication, the pharmacy team also provides patients with any supplies they need for the proper administration, such as needles and syringes, at no extra charge. This service allows patients to begin their treatment quickly and with as few interruptions as possible.
- 24/7 support: Patients can contact the pharmacy any time with concerns about treatment and side effects, to confirm their dosage and medication schedule, for administration training, and other questions.
The pharmacy fills prescriptions for discharged hospital patients, as well as other patients during ordinary business hours. Additionally, people visiting Memorial Healthcare can purchase over-the-counter medications, such as pain killers, cough drops, and supplements, at the NOW Building location.